Thursday, March 20, 2014

Grandfather

Almost 4 years ago, June 9th that was the day that changed everything.
I remember the plays we had, the way you tricked me to teach me the most various subjects, when you said your pen was magical and you had taught it how to write and you led me believing that it wrote by itself, the mind games that developed my logic thinking, so many things that I remember it like was yesterday.
Now I see you fighting against the none forgiving years that age you, fighting against a condition that left you out of yourself, fighting against the loneliness present in the life of someone who became somehow dependent of others, but your bigger battle is the one you fight for your independence, it seems to be lost, yet you never give up.
Are you aware of what’s around you? All that you say sounds perfectly clear and logic to me, but then you don’t who is your wife anymore, you think everyone is cheating you, you run away… Is that you fighting or is it the illness? I can’t tell anymore.
Say something, let me know what I can do to help, I know nothing about your needs, nothing about how you feel…
All that I know now is that you were part of my childhood and I was lucky to have you around me and meeting you in that early stage when you were fine, yet my cousin, your other granddaughter won’t have you around like I did and enjoying earing your stories, charades and teachings that helped me so much trough out these years, but the one thing that she can learn for you is that how bad it may seem you can always fight and that’s not everyone who can teach others the value of fighting.

Love you, no matter the past, present or future you carry
the granddaughter that idolizes you

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment